Intensive Summer Youth English Immersion Language Camp
Our Summer Youth Intensive English Immersion Language Camp is customized and includes 150+ hours of group class instruction, lunch, academic, community, cultural or leisure activities, weekly half or full day trips, self-study support, homestay, testing and evaluation, class materials, local transportation to and from activities, and round-trip airport transfers.
We use a highly communicative, student-centered approach which allows you to speak 70% or more during lessons, interact real-time with teenagers in the local community and live with a host family or homestay. Total immersion is the most effective way of developing language proficiency according to the Center for Applied Linguistics. The intensity of the immersion experience paired with cultural exposure provides maximum growth in a minimum time frame. Our students grow one English level after 4 weeks of intensive study and real-life interaction with local students in the language and culture for 150+ hours.
Gain maximum exposure and practice of English through our camp program:
- 35 hours or more weekly
- All four of your language skills will be developed (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
- Skill up academic English, grammar, vocabulary and accent-reduction and pronunciation mastery
- Located in a top-ranked international community with over 300 international corporations and top universities
To achieve true immersion, we create a customized schedule of social and cultural events and activities outside of the classroom. You will:
- Speak English in real-time situations with local people and other youth
- Language Coaches and native speakers join you to meals, events, and out-of-classroom experiences
- Visit clubs, activities, and volunteer
- Enjoy activities for arts, science, sports, recreation, education, nature and history
Our host families are our friends and friends of our trusted community, hand-selected for you. Host families share their home, hearts, culture and traditions with international students to promote intercultural learning and exchange. Host families are your friendly guide to daily life, local events, authentic cuisine, sporting events, art, theater and nature.
Host families provide:
- Safe, open, caring environment
- English-speaking environment
- Meals when you are home
- Private bedroom
- Personal quiet time to study
- Transportation to/from school
- Experience everyday family life
- Experience local culture
Family and the student gain:
- Intercultural understanding
- Life enriching experience!